While seeking employment, it can be tough to stay positive when you have applied to several jobs. Maybe you have not heard back from any of the positions or maybe you were told that your application has been denied. This can be stressful and can easily make you want to just sit at home on the couch and invite your friends over for a pity party. Use these 5 tips to stay positive while job seeking!
- Stick to a schedule – When seeking employment, you should be job hunting from 8-5pm, as if that was your job. You should be “working” that whole time by applying to jobs, whether that be applying online, walking door-to-door to businesses, or networking. Be sure to take a break for lunch to refresh your mind, just like you would at a normal job. Once 5:00pm hits, your job is done for the day (unless you want to work “overtime”). Then, do the same thing tomorrow.
- Check in – Once you have applied online, be sure to check in every 2-3 days with the hiring manager to check the status of your application. This will show that you are truly interested in the position. But, do NOT beg! There is a huge difference. Do not give them a story about how your life is soooo terrible and how you can’t find a job anywheerrree. That’s a red flag. Simply state in a nice tone, “Hi, my name is [INSERT NAME], I had applied for the [POSITION] position, and would like to check on the status of my application.” That’s it!
- Stay busy – Find something else to keep you busy after you think you’ve done your fair share of applications for the day. This could consist of a new hobby, yard work, or even asking around the neighborhood to see if anybody needs help with their own yard work, data entry on the computer, running errands, etc. Find what you are good at, and take advantage of it, small or big. It may not be what you want to do forever, but it’s something to keep your mind off of negative thoughts and may lead to a new job if you run into the right task.
- Ask around – People know people. You may be surprised on how many people have landed jobs because someone knew someone at the business who pulled a few strings. Now, this may not work for everyone, but it doesn’t hurt to ask around.
- Don’t give up – As hard as it may be, you will not find a job if you don’t try. Keep pushing those resumes out. The worst thing they can say is no. Keep the negative thoughts away. All they do is bring you down.
If you are currently looking for employment,
Roebuck Staffing Co. in Greenville, NC can help!
You can apply by visiting http://www.roebuckstaffing.com.