Last week we started our “Meet Our Staff” blog series. If you missed it, click here to see our first post. Today, we have our Senior Recruiter, Sandy Inestroza at our Greenville, NC office.
Tell us about yourself.
I am Hispanic American and I am 25 years old. I was born in Los Angeles, California but was raised in the small town of Teachey, North Carolina. I am engaged to be married next year, 2016. I sing in my church’s worship team and I am also a Sunday school teacher for kids ages 3 and up. I have an identical twin and I am five minutes older (I constantly remind her lol). I consider myself a very loving and compassionate person. I am the “baby” of Roebuck Staffing (the youngest).
What did you do before working at Roebuck Staffing?
Before working at Roebuck, I worked at another staffing agency in Wilson, but decided to look for employment closer to home. I also worked with an attorney for a little over a year. And right after high school, I began working as a HR assistant in a poultry plant.
What is your favorite…?
Movie: The Boy with the Striped Pajamas and A Walk to Remember (I am definitely a Nicholas Sparks fan)
Music Genre: Worship Music (It uplifts my spirit!)
TV Show: Jane by Design, The Mindy Project, New Girl, and Friends
Sport: Not really into sports
Color: Pink and Blue (I am really a girly girl)
Car: Range Rover
Food: Definitely Chicken Alfredo with broccoli (love it!)
What do you like most about working at Roebuck Staffing?
What I like the most is being able to help people. It is hard at times to find jobs and it makes me happy that we can help! I also like my coworkers!! They make it easy to wake up and come to work! We all get along great!
How important is the resume in the job application process?
A resume is highly important. In order to apply with us you must have a resume. Primarily, because our clients request it. But also, we like to look at all of your experience so we can place you accordingly. If you have electrical experience from 4 years ago but all your current experience is manufacturing, then we could possibly use you for an electrical position if we don’t have anything in manufacturing. It increases your possibility of employment.
What do you look for in a candidate?
I look for people with a positive attitude who come prepared!!
What tips would you suggest for a candidate to prepare for an interview?
– Arrive 10 or 15 minutes early (You want to make sure you can find the address. Please don’t arrive 3 hours earlier and not call. Being way too early and way too late can be conflicting for whoever is interviewing you)
– Please do not bring any kids with you to the interview. It makes your employer think you won’t be able to find a babysitter if you actually get the job.
– Come prepared with a resume (Most employers require it so they can see your past job history. Make sure to be detailed. It never hurts!)
– Dress appropriately!! This is a must! PJ’S and saggy pants are definitely a NO-NO!
– Greet your interviewer with a firm handshake and look them in the eye!
– NEVER text or play with your phone while being interviewed. It is disrespectful and it definitely makes your employer feel like you are not interested or fit for the job.
– BE YOURSELF!!!
Do you think you are ready? Apply with Roebuck Staffing Co. by visiting http://www.roebuckstaffing.com.