Whether you are struggling to put food on the table or just want some extra spending cash, staffing agencies can be a great opportunity for work. Most people think “temp” agencies are the last resort for finding employment, but what many people don’t realize is staffing agencies can help get that dream you have always wanted. Here are 7 reasons to accept that short-term assignment.
- I choose you! Staffing agencies, including Roebuck Staffing, receive thousands of applications. If you were considered for an opening (big or small), you should be grateful! We understand it’s probably not your dream job, but we are trying to help you. We skipped over several hundred other candidates, but chose YOU! If we currently do not have a long-term assignment for you, but have a short-term one, we would rather offer it to you, than to choose somebody else and have you continue struggling to pay your bills with no income. Some money is better than none. Am I right?
- Prove it! These temporary assignments are great “interviews”. This is your time to shine and prove your work ethic. This will prove that you are worth considering for longer assignments, even permanent positions. Clients want employees who can show up on time each and every day, come prepared, and work hard throughout the shift.
- What are they thinking? You never know what the supervisors are thinking while on the jobsite. Just because this is a short assignment, does not mean they don’t have other openings that they are working on to fill. If they see your great work ethic, they may have an opening for you, or even MAKE a position for you if they know they cannot let such a great employee slip through their fingers!
- We want you back! If the client liked your work ethic on the last assignment, they are bound to ask for you, specifically, again in the future! Why? Because you already have the basic knowledge on how the company operates, what tasks need to be completed, and did a great job on the last assignment.
- Know somebody who knows somebody! Especially in the construction industry, several companies work with each other at the same jobsites. So, if you work a short assignment with one company, the supervisors may know that a similar company is looking for somebody with your skills and experience. This, of course, can lead to more work, hopefully full-time with benefits! Who doesn’t want that?
- Ch-ch-ch-changes! David Bowie reference… anybody? … no? .. okay. moving on. Several of our current employees at Roebuck Staffing have stated to us that they love having short assignments rather than one full-time job like everyone else. They like to experience new things, and not have to sit at the same job day after day, which can get very boring. Not everybody hates change.
- Update that resume! By going on short assignments, you are bound to learn some new skills. These skills can then be added to your resume, which in turn can lead to new employment.
So, now you know that not all short-term assignments are bad and are not just a waste of time. This is an extremely easy way for several other job opportunities to come up, but only if you look at it from a positive perspective. If you only look at the negatives, it will be much more difficult for you to find that dream job you have always wanted.
If you are looking for employment or extra side work, feel free to apply with Roebuck Staffing by visiting our website at http://www.roebuckstaffing.com.
Image – morguefile.com